Thursday, March 19, 2015

ON THE BOARD!

Yes, Walleye Warriors. Dr. Walleye is on the board! I got my first take home Maumee River walleye tonight. It was a hard female at 4.6 lbs. It hit like a rock star too. I had a throw back tonight...another larger female. And I had several fish on that were snagged and popped off. I have pics that I will upload later. But for now, I wanted to shout out and say that as the river is dropping, fish are moving in. I also got a huge buffalo carp in. Wish I had my scale with me. It had to be over 15 lbs. Measured it on my rod and it went 30". That's DBLDIP size there. * * * It's messed up down there everybody. Ice everywhere on the banks. Trees gone that I have known for years. Whacker H reported that Schoeders needs some cleaning before opening. Even the road down to Buttonwood is mostly GONE! Access sites that you usually go to will be closed...hopefully not all season. The river and its banks took a huge hit this year. Be ready to walk more than usual. Tonight there was one boat out there. I think they must have gotten in at Maple St. But I am not sure. If anyone can provide a Maple St report, it would be appreciated. Till next time.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the report Doc! I was wanting to go tomorrow. Not sure now with so many places being closed... The other places will be so packed!

Unknown said...

I am active-duty Army and born and raised in Toledo. I'm heading to town from Fort Leonard Wood, MO to fish towards the end of next week. With all the line choices available today...whats the best line to use with a medium action rod?

Unknown said...

From out of town. Come up every year,what places are fishable now?

Dbldip said...

Orleans or White st will be the easiest place to fish for now until Schroeders opens up. Saw a picture from graybeard of Buttonwood yesterday the road there is gone.

Dr. Walleye said...

12 lb. Mono such as trilene xt.

Dbldip said...

Was down at Orleans this morning and saw a boat right in front of boat launch bring in 2 walleyes while I was there and told they had 3 others also. So thee are some walleyes to be had already.

Unknown said...

GOING FISHING ON TUESDAY AM I ABLE TO FISH THE RIVER WITHOUT WADERS AND CATCH FISH ANY INFO WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

wdk said...

Yes you can fish without waders but really limits you on were to fish your best bet is to try white st. Park good luck.

Graybeard said...

Maple St Ramp is good no dock yet 4 Trucks and trailers at 0900 parking is tight.I will bet tomorrow they will be parking on the streets and getting ticketed.spent from 0830 to 1330 and probably did not see more than 8 fish landed most questible.how they were hooked saw 3 of the local regulars they had no fish.River is dropping fast high water spots at the bridge did not have enough flow to fish properly with out getting hung up.Water was at the top of the sewer opening.for those who fish it on the Maumee side.Best spots are hard to get to a lot of downed trees and Ice .hard to find any place to park FtMeigs lot is blocked off and only enough room to turn around at 1400 today.and no parking on the road leading down to the parking it has signs and the local law said they will be ticketing cars..

Graybeard said...

From Wood County Parks

***Please note: Buttonwood/Betty C. Black Recreation Area will be closed until further notice due to significant flood and ice damage. Hull Prairie Road is completely washed out north of River Road, and is also closed until further notice.***

Dr. Walleye said...

http://www.wnem.com/story/28576117/ice-jams-destroy-perrysburg-farmers-field-near-buttonwood-park Doug Pratt is a great guy. Old river rat. Fireman. Farmer. Say a prayer for their family.

Dr. Walleye said...

http://www.13abc.com/home/headlines/Buttonwood-Park-shuts-down-due-to-ice-jam-damage-297062021.html This is serious too. Our local impact from the immense ice this year keeps going and going.

fisherboy said...

Don't know if my last post got posted or not. Just ragging about few spots for me to fish at. Water level too low for me at the bridge (Orleans)& I'll be damn if Im walking out to the middle at the swer plant

fisherboy said...

??