Sunday, March 11, 2018

Maiden Voyage

I got down to the river finally and feel like I was a few days late. The river was at about 3.8 and dropping on NOAA, so all sites were accessible yesterday. Not many guys out there. Slight east wind with just a little current where I was. Saw a few boats. What was most shocking were the number of new log jams along shore. Anywhere you go, you'll see new root balls sticking in the air. The ice that froze, thawed and then moved this year created new gouges in the riverbed. Watch your step! And when the water goes back up, several areas will be inaccessible by foot due to the log jams. The water will be too deep to wade around them, and if you go over them, good luck! 20 yards of log jam with no idea what is stable or floating? Not for me anymore. Sorry to report that I did not bump a fish at all. This week will be slow down there...cold temps and no rain in the forecast all week.

No comments: